I’m a reporter at Crain’s Cleveland Business, primarily covering education and manufacturing. Here’s a sampling of my articles and columns.
- “Mahoning Valley begins slow climb back” I had the chance to write about the revitalization efforts in my hometown in this article.
- “Where there’s a will, there’s a workforce” The skills gap has been a big topic in manufacturing in recent years, as companies work to attract employees to their plants. I took a look at four companies in Northeast Ohio taking creative approaches to closing that gap.
- “Hiram College redesigns itself to be ‘new liberal arts‘” Higher education is in a time of transition. In this article, I wrote about Hiram College’s efforts to overhaul its academic programs.
- “Veterans Day connection hits home decades later” In this column, I wrote about the young woman in France who cares for the grave of a great-uncle I never knew I had.
- “Local news sheds light on the lives behind the headlines” This column addresses a topic close to my heart: the importance of local news.
- “May 4 shaped Kent State’s mission, values in the years following the shootings” In this article, I wrote about how Kent State came to embrace the legacy of the shootings on its campus on May 4, 1970, and its place in history, 50 years later.